View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question 35 y.o. and lost

Hi Everyone,
This is the first "group" I have ever joined. I am hoping to get some advice and try to find some answers.

I am a 35 y.o. female who worked in the medical field until this past February. I hit the back left side of my head and things have not been the same since.

So this is where I am today:
I have episodes where I begin to see colored spots and lines. My husband says that my eyes start to flutter and jerk. I have a horrible headache to the back left side of my head after these episodes.

I also recently started having vision loss in my right eye (but not complete loss of vision...it is like something is blocking off half of my vision in the right eye). I am having pain down my spine, lower back, and right hip. I have tingling in my right foot, leg, hand, and arm. I have slurred speech on the days that all of this is going on. I have also been ecperiencing short term memory loss and the difficulty with finding words. I have good days and bad days. But most recently, I have lost complete feeling in my right leg and foot causing 3 falls.

I have seen a neuro doc who says that they cant find anything on the EEG or CT scan, so he put me on Lyrica and said to follow-up in February 2014. I want to find a doc that I can trust and get a CLEAN second opinion from. I am not opposed to traveling out of the state. I am at a loss for what to do. And I am scared.

So thats my story. I always try to remind myself that there are others out there who have it worse off than I do. But I want to fight, and get back to being me. I want to love and care for others again.

Any ideas?
RadNeuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote