View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Smelling things...

I have been smelling cigarette smoke for the last 2 years, when there is no one smoking. It comes and goes randomly, with no apparent trigger. No one else can smell it. This condition is called Phantosmia (olfactory hallucinations). My neurologist has ordered an MRI, CT scan, and EKG to rule out temporal lobe seizures, Parkinson's, brain leison or brain tumor. Also may be "migraine sans migraine" -- migraine without the headache; just the aura. It is disruptive to my life and sometimes even I think I am going crazy!

I also am a 13-year type-II diabetic, and in the last 2 or 3 yrs have developed stabbing pains in the top of my foot. Podiatrist took skin/nerve biopsies that revealed small fiber neuropathy. Also experiencing cold toes (have to wear socks at night). However, in last 3 wks or so have developed a dramatic increase in symptoms: pins and needle sensation in left foot on arising from sleep, numbness as if my feet were full of Novocaine, and aches and stabbing pains in esp the left foot. Am concerned about the sudden onset of these additional symptoms; am awaiting a call back from my endocrinologist on how to proceed. Any advice others can provide on how to deal with these symptoms would be appreciated!
123neuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (12-04-2013)