View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 02:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't mean to frighten you but you asked a few times so I'll answer. For me, TOS has been pretty disabling. It took a few years to get that way, but I got much worse after surgery.

I was never able to return to work (as an attorney). It's been almost 11 years since I last worked. I barely drive, or cook, or clean my house, no shopping, no laundry, I walk 15-20 minutes on a good day, I'm housebound much of the time.

So, yes, it can be quite disabling. But rather than scare you, let that be incentive to get TOS under control now, if you can. If you respond to rest or staying off the computer or whatever, then do that. You may need to radically alter your life, but it's better to do that and be able to control the pain than to radically alter your life because you're unable to do anything.

Good luck to you. If anyone suggests surgery, make sure you get yourself to the most experienced TOS surgeon you can find. A surgeon -- even an excellent one -- who doesn't have experience with this particular surgery is not good enough.

Take care,
Kelly
kellysf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (12-04-2013)