View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:57 PM

Location: Maine...apparently the land where no physican knows how to handle sjorgrens syndrome
10 yr Member

Location: Maine...apparently the land where no physican knows how to handle sjorgrens syndrome
10 yr Member
Red face effexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
My doctor has now prescribed me Venlafaxine (Effexor).

I'm a bit weary about this one, having read the description of it. My prescription is to be taken 1 37.5mg capsules for 10 days, then increasing to 2 capsules a day.

I took my first one last night, and went to bed around midnight. Woke up at 4am feeling really 'weird'. Kinda nauseous or 'off'. Finally fell back to sleep, woke up at 8 am and same deal, I feel kinda nauseous.

Of course the 'hope' behind this isn't the anti depressant portion, if the off label help with neuropathy.

So far, I'm not too impressed and I don't know if I should keep taking this crud. Doctor did keep me on Clonazepam however and was surprised to read that it has anti convulsant properties (ever feel like you know more than the doctor does?).

Anyone else tried Venlafaxine before? As I sit here typing this, I'm yawning and it's a mixture of poor sleep feeling and wanting to toss my cookies.
Hi I was very temporarily on effexor years ago and it made me severly depressed and weird feeling also within hours. My brother was taking it when he tried to commit suicide. I have it in my charts that I will never touch that horrible drug again. Hope you are o.k
Morgen S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (12-06-2013), SallyC (12-04-2013)