View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Large fusiform vertebral aneurysm

Hi all,
I am happy to find this site as I feel like I need some help and support. I was diagnosed with an unruptured fusiform cerebral aneurysm about 1-1/2 weeks ago. I don't remember the exact size, I will get that from the Dr. in the follow up meeting next week, but she did say it was quite large. I understand from my research that size matters.

I am 62 years old and have had a pretty active lifestyle. I am devastated at the thought of leaving my husband, who was a widower already at 60 when we married.

While I understand that every case is different, I am wondering a lot about lifestyle issues - what medicine I should take for high blood pressure, how much caffeine and alcohol can I take, will I be able to continue my active life? Aerobic exercise? Yoga? Ski? Dive? Fly in airplanes?

I would especially appreciate hearing from some who have posted here years ago and found ways to go on with normal lives. I hope that is possible, I am distressed at the thought of being an invalid or getting obsessed with the possibility of a rupture.

I have read many of the threads so far, and my heart goes out to all who suffer or have a loved one suffering from this condition.
Deb R. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote