View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Thumbs up klonapin and rem sleep disorder

Hi Brainpatch. I have REM sleep disorder, which started about 3 years ago. Have given myself concussions etc, and have a very colorful, dramatic dream diary. I had two sleep studies done, one at night and one for idiopathic hypersomia. The neurologist put me on Klonapin 0.5 one at night. This helped a lot, with the frequency of the dreams, and a little bit with the dramatic content and acting out, so I was scared to go to sleep at night, and was not waking up refreshed, even if I did not or could not remember the dream, I still felt like I had been through the washer/dryer machines. So I did a daytime sleepiness test, and found out that I have mild narcolepsy, so I was put on Provigil, 100, once a day. What a difference! No more naps during the day, full night's sleep, alert, refreshed, focussed etc during the day. The anxiety and worry about it has gone too. I work part time and have lots of family and friends both locally and living back east. Everyone has noticed the difference. Hope this helps. Ellie67
Ellie67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (01-23-2014)