View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I know how life can be.....harsh!! .I'm 37 and have been in constant pain for 21 years. I don't really go into this much detail but I wanted to respond to your post. You're not alone everyone on these board will listen

Here's my lengthy story (sorry, it's so long)....besides severe back pain (2 sep back probs) I have RSD which is a condition that makes it feel like my skin is burning-leg and foot -right side only. Caused by a freak accident. I also have arthritis in every disc in my neck that causes migraines...since 2003, had a spinal fusion at that point. I've had several other painful conditions over the years that are resolved and now I have the 3 I just listed.

I can't work, not since 2005. I have to live with my mother. I have to spend every second laying down on my bed. That's because of the back pain and RSD.

How do I survive it all? I have to stay busy every second or I think about the life I now have. To keep my mind off of it I have hobbies that I can do while laying down (knitting, crochet,) I learned right after my 3 back surgeries in 2006 which is right before I stopped working (due to the RSD). I am known as "the one who's always in pain". I pretend like i'm fine I don't show my pain to others. It's very isolating.

You mentioned friends and family.........It's hard when the pain takes over. I have 1 true friend. I've been treated badly by 2 of my so called best friends whom I've known since I was SEVEN and I'm no longer friends with them. Because of my conditions. It's hard.

I tell people my life is a balancing act. I have to have enough good things to out weigh the bad. The good things: I have 2 small dogs that definitely keep my spirits up. I don't know how i'd get through it without them. I also knit and crochet for charities. But I do feel like I have 2 full time jobs dealing with the pain and staying emotionally and mentally stable.

It's also a job figuring all that out. It takes time to find your "balance".
If you need to talk to someone, let me know
Heather
Spread in 2006 and Jan 2014
Both legs, arms.
Chronic pain going back to 1992

heatherg23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Noodly Appendage (12-15-2013)