View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wolff Parkinson White with "Systemic" Neuropathy

I recently presented to the ER with a heart rate of 188, and normal BP. They ruled out a stroke, heart attack, infection (despite a high WBC count), and an ultrasound revealed my heart was in perfect shape. It was given Cardizem and diagnosed with Wolff Parkinson White (an abnormal electrical pathway to the heart that causes rapid heart rate).

However, I've been presenting with a host of very minor, yet escalating neurologic symptoms. Some of which have been coming and going for 7+ years.

Years ago, my spine would hurt and I'd get unilateral tingling in my hand and foot (don't remember which side), very small, quick shocks in random spots on my body, along with an irregular heartbeat (which they diagnosed as Afib). Also, I had bladder issues (slight urgent incontinence with very little warning). One very strange symptom presented: I could rub the spot where my right forearm bends at the elbow (bicep side) and HEAR the rubbing in my left ear. These symptoms went away in about 6-8 months after first presentation. The last time I got these was in 2009.

A couple months ago (shortly before my bout with tachycardia), I started noticing a really weird feeling in my spine (just above the bra strap). Eventually it progressed to discomfort, with tingling on my right hand (pinky and ring fingers going upward), and on the same spot in my foot. As the weeks came, it progressed to frontal headaches with shin tingling, tachycardia (due to WPW), abnormal gait (comes and goes for a couple hours at a time), bedwetting / bladder control issues (may happen 1 day a week or two), intense pain that comes on rapidly and leaves just as rapid (fingers usually on right hand but sometimes on left, top of both hands, top of both feet, right elbow, toes usually on right foot - all almost constant but usually just 1 pain at a time), trouble gripping (twice a week ish), random short shocks anywhere on my body (including my teeth) (a few times a day), a really strange feeling when I'm trying to sleep that's hard to describe - but it's like my brain shifts a little bit and it's like a very brief (less than a second) out of body experience (nearly every night). Also, that weird hearing in the left ear when I scratch part is back ... but it's moved to my right extreme upper thigh.

When I described all of this, the very first thing he said was "sounds like it may be Multiple Sclerosis" but then he pulled back and said "I highly doubt it, could be something like a magnesium deficiency since your blood came back low on that". However I've been taking supplements and the symptoms have definitely been getting WORSE. When I spoke with him on Monday, he wants to get me to a neurologist. Problem is, I have Medicaid and it's really hard to find a Neurologist around here that's accepting new Medicaid patients.

I'm really scared and I want treatment. It's got me depressed because I cannot control these symptoms even a little. Doctors will not prescribe me Neurotin or anything like that because it may interfere with MRI tests. I'm thinking since my WBC count was high, yet no infection was present, that this indicates an auto-immune disorder (which MS is most certainly believed to be).

Anyways, just thought I'd vent to somebody who may relate. Any response or support is appreciated.
Pixie Perfect is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-05-2013), Erika (12-06-2013), jnewk (12-05-2013), Mariel (12-12-2013), SallyC (12-05-2013)