View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There's been a lot in our media the past 24 hrs regarding a number of girls from a high school in Australia who had some reactions to the vaccine. The government has been all over it saying that the reaction was basically anxiety. It's not mentioned in that particular story but one of the girls on TV last night with her mother said that she lost feeling in her legs. Her mother denied it was an anxiety reaction to receiving a vaccine and said the girl had received vaccines in the past. All very weird. Especially how adamant the Minister from the Govt. was about it only being an anxiety reaction. It all sounded very odd to me.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...5/s1930476.htm
Quote:
ast Update: Wednesday, May 23, 2007. 7:00am (AEST)
Six reactions to cervical cancer vaccine

ACT Health authorities say there have been six reported cases where teenage girls have had a reaction to the cervical cancer vaccine, Gardasil.

26 girls at a Victorian College have also become ill and some were taken to hospital earlier this month after being vaccinated.

In Canberra 4,000 school girls have been vaccinated since the national program was introduced four weeks ago.

Six girls were taken to hospital after feeling faint, but authorities say they were released soon after.

The ACT Acting Chief Health Officer Dr Charles Guest says the vaccination is safe.

"I believe at this point, anxiety and anticipation of a needle is most likely to be the problem," he said.

"Whether it's actually some component of the vaccine that will emerge over time, but I think that's very unlikely."
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote