View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thought I'd do a check-in as well. Day 110. Living without booze has been surprisingly easy so much so I keep thinking why'd I wait so long and do all this damage to myself. Then I think, well what's done is done, can't change the past and focus on today. Tomorrow might not be so easy.

Neuropathy wise, the stabbing pains seem to be less, the numbness in my hands is gone and I seem to regaining sensation slowly in my legs. The doc was fiddling with my ankles the other day and I could actually tell when he was touching me and when he wasn't. Note, I've not mentioned the neuropathy to him. He was looking at something else.

Biggest problem mainly is standing or walking for periods of time. I was at a social function tonight (didn't even bat an eye at the free beer) and stood for three hours. I had to take breaks and sit from time to time and afterwards walking back to the car was excruciating. From what I can tell this is a neuropathy symptom (at least it seems such from reading this thread and others). Hopefully this too will get better over time. Funny though, I never had the heaviness or cramping that people report, but my feet are sore in an arthritic sort of manner most days (nothing that an advil can't cure if I can't ignore it which I usually can) and sheesh, as I mentioned, being on them for any period of time hurts. That sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway that's my checkin. I love this thread and find it so inspirational. I check it weekly!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (12-05-2013), mrsD (12-06-2013), PamelaJune (04-01-2017), Wide-O (12-06-2013)