View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 01:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One correction.

Hi,

Sorry for so many posts. I was doing more research and realized that I might make a wrong statement.

I was saying that my wisdom teeth was not impacted. After reading more, I think it might not "totally impacted", but is indeed impacted. I think my situation was "Mesioangular impaction - the tooth is angled towards the front of the mouth. Approximately 44% of wisdom teeth impactions are of this type." *edit*

Thanks,
MQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqxw1122 View Post
I was reading the conversation between Bryanna and Marshur about gum tissue graft and realized that I should provide some information of my teeth.

I'm 24. My teeth have been pretty healthy. The extracted two wisdom teeth didn't hurt or anything. The only reason I decided to extract them is that the bottom one was heading towards the molar next to it. It didn't push the molar but it creates a space where food always stuck. It's hard for me to rinse them out after each meal when a big piece of meat is stuck.

After the teeth were extracted, I saw that the bottom wisdom teeth has small cavity and the upper one has a bigger cavity. But they never bothered me (never hurt).

The molars next to the wisdom teeth were and are always fine.

Never had gum issue for the wisdom teeth and molars next to them.

I had brace before but the brace didn't touch the wisdom teeth nor the molars next to them.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the dentist cut my gum to extract the wisdom teeth at bottom. He used non-resorbable suture.

Is this the reason that I possibly needed bone graft and guided tissue regeneration (resorb-able)?

Thanks,
MQ

Last edited by Koala77; 12-06-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: New members may not post links, or reference to links
mqxw1122 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote