View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Try to look and act as bad as you can....they will use ANY reason to deny you. I wish I'd known how unethical the SSA was when I had my evaluation over two years ago. I would have acted practically psychotic and not have bathed. SSI is a different world...it's a huge game you have to play to get help. It isn't an ethical game, either. Anything they can use against you to deny you for as long as they feel like it, they will. I wish someone had told me this long ago.

You can be truly disabled but if you don't look it, act it, have records saying you can't work, then they won't believe you are. Thing is, many disabled people are intelligent, socially skilled, and neat and clean in appearance but that seems to work against anyone trying to get SSI. Everything just has to look and sound the worst it can without it seeming fake. If you're like most people and are honest and ethical, looking and acting your worst might be difficult but that is where the SSA "gets" ya....it's almost like honesty and decency is used against people who really are disabled and really need SSI.
Kittypaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
justcurious43 (12-12-2013)