View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you.

Johnt- you are correct. The last two days he has gone down to 2 1/2 Sinemet for the first three doses, but it still seems like that is too much. We have noticed a bit of compulsive behavior that is some thing new, so I suspect it is too much dopamine staying in his system.

He was having some falling off and unpredictability, so that's why the neuro said to try the Comtan.

I am not sure what the prescription bottle said, but the doc wrote him out a handwritten chart with the 3 Sinemet and 1 Comtan every three hours. I am trying to impress upon him that it is what works for him, and if that's not exactly what the doc wrote down, that's OK. I have met the neuro several times when I've gone to appointments and he has flat out told him to slowly adjust on his own (timing, etc) if he feels it necessary - a whatever works to optimize your on time with the least side effects.

I told him to cut way back on the Sinemet because he can always take an extra tab if he feels under medicated. Would that be the case? I am going to gets his doctors info this weekend and contact him soon. Dads next appt isn't scheduled until late January.
Formydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote