Thread: Lab results
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Dr. Smith;1034744]I found out in kind of a strange roundabout way. I've had (what used to be chronic) migraines since ~10 years ago. I got a cold/virus that included a headache. The cold went away, but the headache didn't. Several years, doctors/neurologists, and medications/treatments later, the ortho that I saw for my spine asked me if I had seen "the headache guy" (a neurologist whose practice is limited solely to headaches/migraine).

After examining me and listening to my story, this neuro asked me three questions. After hearing the answers, he turned around to his file cabinet, pulled out a sheet and handed it to me, and dx'ed my headaches: chronic tension-type headache/migraine complex—sudden onset. He (and the sheet) explained (among other things) that this type of headache is brought about by re-activation of the EBV by another virus—in this case, human rhinovirus. Who'da thunk?

Everything that followed confirmed his dx. No tests were done; like some conditions, this one is determined more by symptoms/empirical evidence.

My guess would be no, because except in a possibly very few rare instances, peripheral neuropathy isn't contagious, unless it's a result/symptom of some disease that is far more overt/serious.

Doc[/QUOT
I have always wondered if I had acquired an infection that caused this. I was in China and Mexico the year this started.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote