View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaw View Post
Try to look and act as bad as you can....they will use ANY reason to deny you. I wish I'd known how unethical the SSA was when I had my evaluation over two years ago. I would have acted practically psychotic and not have bathed. SSI is a different world...it's a huge game you have to play to get help. It isn't an ethical game, either. Anything they can use against you to deny you for as long as they feel like it, they will. I wish someone had told me this long ago.

You can be truly disabled but if you don't look it, act it, have records saying you can't work, then they won't believe you are. Thing is, many disabled people are intelligent, socially skilled, and neat and clean in appearance but that seems to work against anyone trying to get SSI. Everything just has to look and sound the worst it can without it seeming fake. If you're like most people and are honest and ethical, looking and acting your worst might be difficult but that is where the SSA "gets" ya....it's almost like honesty and decency is used against people who really are disabled and really need SSI.
I disagree.

"Acting" as bad as you can is called malingering and a good psychiatrist is trained to look for it. You don't want to be labeled as a faker.

Deciding to game the SSI system could also be called committing fraud.

Of course SSA is going to look at all the evidence and then consider which pieces support your allegation that you are disabled and which pieces do not. It is not like a drive through where you make your order and then pick up your check at the window. Not everyone who files is truly disabled and they should be denied.

Do liars and cheats and thieves get away with their lies, cheating and thievery sometimes? Sure. Does it happen often? Not when SSA is diligent about reading the evidence and questioning the inconsistencies.

Can't have it both ways; paying only the truly disabled and denying the not truly disabled without applying the same policies and procedures to both.

For the original poster, I hope you do get the therapy and medication you need regardless of the outcome of the disability claim.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote