View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
My Dad and Step mom have asked if...or rather when, I will be coming for Christmas. I usually do spend a few days with them either before, during or after, but I don't think that I'll be able to go this year. Its a 10 hour drive but could turn out to be longer on winter roads, and I just don't think that the body is up to it, the way it feels right now.

I haven't shared with them the problems that I've been having of late, but unless things improve, I may have to..

It seems odd to say this, but I'd sort of like to catch a cold or something equally temporary, so that I could use that as an excuse for not coming.
I just don't like to worry them, or have them feeling badly over my situation, especially over the holidays.
They have a hard time believing me when I say that I am just fine and content to be at home by myself when they know that the body is struggling.
Parents...got to love them .

With love, Erika
Erika
I so understand your dilemma....sometimes its more comfortable to just have "an ordinary day" when our disease is raging. And its equally hard to disappoint family and friends. I hope you find a solution that every one understands. Just a gentle reminder, we don't drive as well in pain. Bad weather, slow twitchy reflexes, just be careful and be good to yourself!
love
janet
jnewk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-07-2013), Erika (12-07-2013), Kitty (12-07-2013), SallyC (12-07-2013)