View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I printed out the article on Anti-depressants.

Hi Mrs. D.

Hope you are doing fine.

Alan only has bruising from the gym. They do seem to fade rather quickly. I won't use the maganassager over the bruises. Thanks for reminding me of that. I just asked about his twitching and he said "Melody, my legs don't twitch, my neuropathy drives me crazy sometimes so I shake my legs!!! So there's no twitching. Sorry I guess I thought he was twitching in bed.

Alan takes a multi vitamin and it has 100mg of magnesium. Is that sufficient? The Vitamin C is 60 mgs. I guess he has to up that right?

Here's his diet:

breakfast - veggie omelette with either egg whites or beaters.
multi grain english muffin with low sodium smart balance margarine and a cup of caffeine free tea.

10 a.m. he has a protein whey shake with an added bananna.

Lunch is either a protein shake or a grilled chicken salad with fresh ingredients and low sodium dressing.

3 p.m. another shake and some fruit.

Dinner starts off with a salad, then either chicken, turkey burger (with low sodium tomato sauce with a dash of splenda). Ever since he was put on the fentanyl patch (and even though he's been off of it for over 2 years), he has taste perversion so he puts splenda on everything. If he's not eating chicken or turkey, then he eats fish, with lots of veggies, a baked potato (sometimes sweet potato), sugar free drink (splenda)

After dinner he eats half a cantalope. Then at about 8 or 9 he takes another protein shake. He has stablized at about 187.

His eating habits are good, right???? jeez, he eats more than I do!!!!

His arms are amazing and except for the neuropathy, you wouldn't know he has coronary heart disease.

I will check on the magnesium thing and check his bruising. I will also show the article to his doctor.

Honestly, he's a different guy on zoloft and I'd hate to take that away from him. He almost had a nervous breakdown due to our son's behavior.

Thanks so much.
Melody

Last edited by MelodyL; 09-21-2006 at 05:04 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote