View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble!

The next time you post, you may want to consider adding a little space between each paragraph... for a lot of us, having extra "white space" makes a page of reading less intimidating lol.

I'm sort of a newbie myself around here, but I do have a few thoughts that I hope you will find useful:

1) Please be careful with alcohol until your symptoms are gone... better yet, stay away from it until you are better. I know how hard that can be when you're in college and all of your friends are drinking all the time, but in your case alcohol is not your friend for now. Not only does it seem to increase your odds of hitting your head, but alcohol is generally not good for an injured brain anyway. If you want to heal, please avoid the alcohol for now.

2) For the anxiety, you may want to consider seeing your doctor about getting an anti-anxiety medicine or even an antidepressant. If you can lessen the anxiety, you may reduce some of the strain on your brain, and every little bit can help. Reducing your anxiety may help you to get a better handle on your other symptoms.

3) I totally get what you mean about not taking anything for the pain, but allowing yourself to feel that pain without trying to manage it can make the anxiety even worse. Try taking ibuprofen or whatever your doctor recommends when you first feel the headache coming on and see if you can at least minimize the pain.

4) Sometimes you may not feel the effects of mental or physical stimulations right away. Try reducing the amount of time spent in front of tv and computer screens and see if that helps. You may be using all of your "brain power" on these activities, which in turn means you have no energy for the other things, whatever they may be. I know that, when I read chapters out of a novel, I feel fine while I'm doing it, but my head will hurt a few hours later. You may be doing the same thing with tv and computers and not realize it.

5) There is a great sticky at the top of this forum about vitamins and which ones are helpful. Read over that one and the others... they are all full of great information.

6) As far as the multiple concussions go, you are right that having multiple head injuries is dangerous and that they can exacerbate each other. Definitely do everything you can to minimize your risk of getting hit in the head again.

Feel better soon!
Head injury on 10/26/13 due to a fall. Had extreme headaches, fatigue, and nausea over the next several days, but no insurance so I couldn't afford to get checked out. First official migraine occurred on 11/19/2013; no migraines before the injury occurred.
courtney.w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussedGuy (12-08-2013), poetrymom (12-08-2013)