View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not really. Upon research, the norm I found for hard place chambers to be from 150-200 for off label treatment conditions like PCS which comes to 6000-8000 for 40 sessions. This was the only treatment center in the area.

Also I definitely dont have PTSD and I saw great improvements. Not only improvements in my daily life but concrete evidence of improvement. Not to mention this is not my first concussion and is my second round of PCS.

I would like you to post the study that shows it is detrimental. Honestly Im calling bs on that claim. I did extensive research and the only other studys were done with much higher pressure that is flat out the wrong way to do it. The particular one Im refering to is the one the veterans association did and purposely used much higher pressure levels so the results would be poor. The VA has been adimantly against the idea from the get go because of the cost. Honestly disgusting thats how they treat our veterans.

Your point about HBOTs improvement of capillary blood flow is true. The before and after SPECT scans show that brain metabolism/blood flow is significantly restored. In addition to this it helps to get inflammation under control.

Plenty of people have seen great improvements like I have. While theyre may not be a perfect study to scientifically prove it, it certainly has had a huge positive impact on many peoples condition. When done right at the right pressure (1.5 atmospheres) you have a very great chance of improving. Im living proof. One of the veteran women from the Harch study recently won a medal in the warrior games in track. After three years of crippling PCS from multiple TBIs in succession without proper early on care and she ran competed and won an athletic event. Shes currently on an expidition to the south pole. Do you think you could travel to the south pole after taking niacin? ha noooo no I dont think so. Im sorry but discouraging people from considering this treatment is absolutely dangerous. Tnis treatment should not be underestimated.

Last edited by teaaquinn; 12-08-2013 at 02:46 PM.
teaaquinn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote