View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham View Post
The new neuro I am seeing, said I have had this for a long time. In the last yer and a half it has gotten. Lot worse, but I am hoping it is going to steady some. The new neuro said I have a lot of cmt symptom, but only hammer toes on one foot, extremely high arches on both feet, and weakness. He said it is not ruled out. What specific tests can they do to diagnose, blood work?
They can do DNA blood testing which is very expensive. As of 2008 there were 50 types of CMT identified so far and no end in sight. Just because you do not test positive for CMT does not mean that you do not have a type that you can test for.

Any family history of the symptoms you are experiencing? CMT symptoms vary greatly even within the same family. You can be young, old, or in-between before symptoms might become evident. Or you might not have any evident symptoms but can pass it on if you carry it.

Not every CMTer has hammer toes, extremely high arches and the like. I do not. CMT is progressive no matter what you do. There is no cure/treatment for it at this time. Hope you find an answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (12-08-2013)