View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks, you guys. It's just that gnawing thing in my craw.

Chris, yes, it's the greater Asheville area that I've chosen. I agree, the cultural and convenience factors were on my mind. Also the climate. The median income level and education levels are also more to my liking. I like the way rich people live... and I like the way I live when I'm with them.

My dear Gretata, I agree with you entirely about ALF, but the not knowing is making me nuts. I lived alone for 20+ years and loved it; I have every intention of going back to that life one way or another. I'll figure out how to do it, I promise. When my hunter brought it up, it just shocked the snot out of me when I heard myself thinking about it.

Before my mom died I lived in one of those apartments where it's for the elderly and 10% under 62 who are disabled. There were 20 of us against the world! It did get on my nerves that they always watched me and wanted to know everything I was doing, kind of living vicariously, I suppose. I used to bust a gut when they asked me if I "really needed that thing" (my wheelchair). I'd say no, I just wanted to get attention.

Sally, when I win the lottery, your plan is soooo coming to fruition! I've thought it all along. Just build a joint that rocks and has a lot of open air and privacy. A fishing pond will be mandatory along with a trout stream out back (accessible from the custom-designed boardwalk out over the water). The best part will be that I'll own it, so if I don't like you, you can't live there. Cool chicks only!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote