View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpsage16:( View Post
Bram I just noticed, you have patela problems? I dislocated my patela before this started!
We're already getting closer to a cure
Lol Blake! I wish it was as simple as that! Unfortunately, you can get CRPS just from spraining your ankle or cutting your finger, so it's unlikely to be patella related... However, saying that, my PFArthritis had been flaring for a while, and maybe doing the op and cutting the nerve while all those inflammatory markers were active in my blood had something to do with it? Maybe it is the combination of injury plus inflammatory markers that can set CRPS off? Who knows... Unfortunately, the great minds of science (well the ones who have bothered looking at CRPS at all) have yet to find any common circumstances leading to CRPS, nor any ideas for a cure.

There are sometimes so-called cures announced, but not one has ever worked for everyone of us, or even the majority of patients. With this disease, it seems to be about working out something for each individual....and crossing your fingers Some get lucky and find an approach that works well for them, others sadly don't. I think a good medical team is worth gold, but even then it is in the hands of fate as even the best experts haven't found a solution for some.

Two mantras for CRPS: 'Use it or lose it' and 'We all must do the best we can'.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
crpsage16:( (12-09-2013), moosey2me (12-09-2013)