View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello and welcome

Hi concussed guy

Courtney wrote about the things I could address with your condition. I hope Mark in Idaho will weigh in too. I don't know all the medical things you may have going on.

No matter what though, and I know you are worried and stressed, find something positive that is low stress that you CAN do. Can you walk for some exercise? Getting oxygen into the brain in a gentle way is good.

On facebook, I think there is also and group for teens / young adults with PCS. I will try and give you more details on that. You might like to talk with others your age too who have this. It's just a thought.

PCS is a journey and it's a marathon, not a sprint. This means that you will have to learn patience with yourself and learn your triggers for what may cause headaches, and other symptoms.

Hang in there, and be brave. I know how scary this condition is. But learning to relax via meditation has helped me a lot.

Here's wishing you well and more healing to come.

Sincerely,

poetrymom

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussedGuy (12-08-2013), courtney.w (12-08-2013)