View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 08:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi segardin,

It could be possible that when you took the fall and hit your head it may have caused a possible concussion or head injury on the temporal lobe which in turn could mean seizures. I've had temporal lobe epilepsy for 41 yrs. now.
If I may ask do you ever have times when you are forgetful and don't remember anything that happened a couple of minutes before and then you feel tired, confused, and have a headache if any of this is happening this is a sign of a seizure.

My advice to you is have your family Dr. refer you to see a Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in Epilepsy) and go to a Epilepsy Center. These places are found at large hospitals or university hospitals. These Drs. will do a series of tests on you besides an e.e.g. they will do a MRI, SPECT and PET scan along with a CT scan and this will help the Drs. pinpoint exactly what's going on and if you are having any seizures. (sz.)

If there are any family members around you have them take note if they notice a daydream look on your face or if you are wandering around but don't remember anything this is a form of a complex partial sz. Keep a calendar and write down what time you may have had a sz. along with the description of the sz. this will help the Drs. and they may see a pattern in your sz. I've had sz. for many yrs. and often before a low pressure in the weather along with in the fall and winter I have more sz. do to the weather conditions and less serotonin in the fall and winter.
Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day for adult and 500 mcg. for kids this has really helped reduce my sz.

Along with epilepsy comes depression for many people especially if the sz. are coming from the right temporal lobe or the frontal lobe where the forehead is. The right temporal lobe controls a persons emotions and the frontal lobe controls a persons temper and behavior.
Stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it and cut back on the carbs, starch foods and caffeine because these are all things that can trigger sz. for many people. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote