View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the advice guys I appreciate it.

I am going to try and limit electronic use and no worries I will not be drinking alcohol until a good 3 months after no symptoms if that ever comes and slowly introduce it and stay away from getting pretty drunk. And mark I had gotten that drunk plenty of times before that with no issues/falls starting at 17, however I know that is stupid.

As for the anxiety, if it doesn't improve I'll consider some medication however I would prefer to stay away from stuff like antidepressants because there are so many bad things I've heard about them.

My b12 was just out above the standard range at 963pg/ml but if 1000 is fine, Ill begin taking it again. Any suggestions on dosing of the vitamins? some seem way too high above the daily value and others not sufficient enough.

As for the fish oil, I believe my doctor wanted me off it because of my liver enzyme being high, as well as Tylenol because that affects the liver too. I've heard that ibuprofen is bad for concussion headaches as it thins the blood. I also think that staying away from pain medicine has helped reduce the severity and amount of headaches I have gotten because of the "rebound effect" which a doctor explained to me about concussion headaches.

I suspected that it was central sleep apnea rather than obstructive as it makes sense to develop it after a concussion. My parents believe it's anxiety but I don't think so as I'm not anxious when going to bed and it will still happen. I sleep with my head elevated on two pillows which may cause the inflammation of my neck, but it seems as though if I don't sleep on two pillows I wake with a feeling of all the blood drained into my head or pressure and I wake up confused.

I also will have sharp pain throughout my body that feels like I hit my funny bones on some days. Is this nerve pain? I tried coq10 before and it really seemed to help my head/cognition however it would increase the nerve pain 10 fold, maybe I'm allergic to that? A b complex I used to take had a similar effect, but not as severe, allergic to a shared ingredient between the b complex and coq10?

Thanks again for your responses and support!
concussedGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote