View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

My whine for today is just that, a big whine. I hate being alone and not feeling well and in pain. Today was that kind of day. I needed a distraction or I would have gone crazy with worry of the pain and not feeling well. I mean, I only got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon and every time I get this stupid diverticulitis, the pain is worse than childbirth. Morphine just puts a dent in it. Of course, being a lightweight, I can only handle 2 mg at the most. But still, it only makes me feel the pain less and serves its purpose. I am really bad about minimizing my pain. Drives DDs and my family crazy as they can all see it but I pretend I'm fine. One of my nurses convinced me to just take the pain meds. She told me that my whole body is tensed up in pain. She said, "You are so tensed up on the outside, can you imagine how tensed up your insides are, including your colon?" She said that taking the pain meds will relax me and help my colon to heal. She's right and I know that but being a patient is so hard for me.

Anyhow, I went to my brothers. It worked out well for all of us and I'm so glad I went. It didn't make the pain go away, it just helped distract me from the pain.

Passing the whine and cheese . . . .
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-09-2013), barb02 (12-09-2013), Blessings2You (12-09-2013), doydie (12-09-2013), Erika (12-09-2013), ewizabeth (12-09-2013), SallyC (12-08-2013)