View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 03:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Di View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Bram!
And thanks for sharing everyone!! I feel so much better I'm not ready either.

It sounds weird but the burning pain motivated me to put up the tree finally last night. My wrist was burning so bad i put ketamine cream & a sock on it and pushed through. I guess it took my mind off the pain somewhat.
Anyway, there's a small tree with minimal decorations and I felt good I got that done.
I guess I imagined an adversary trying to keep me from doing a tree
I've gotten a few small gifts over the year, but i have no idea how or when
I'll be able to say I'm "done".
That's sort of how I am with everything...my boyfriend calls it my stubbornness kicking in when I refuse to NOT do things (like work, put up the Christmas tree, garden, stitch, etc). I actually am much better mentally (if not physically) when I do these "normal" things because it gives me other things to think about besides my pain. When I was off work and home all the time (trapped on my couch is the most accurate description) I was miserable and could think of nothing but my pain and misery. I was so happy when I was able to do the dishes for the first time after that really bad patch. ME...happy doing dishes...the girl who would do just about anything else to get out of doing the dishes growing up...lol! But it felt like such a big "win" for me to do that simple little task. We all need to celebrate all those little wins every day.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (12-10-2013)