View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Only 4% of the cases are given an outright approval at the Federal Court level. Most are either denied (40%) or simply remanded (47%) back to an ALJ.

http://www.ultimatedisabilityguide.c...ial_rates.html

I don't know how you came to the decision that Federal Court would give you, or anyone, a better opportunity for approval, but it just isn't true. It can give you another opportunity to keep your case alive and not lose backpay, so that new evidence can be presented to an ALJ--but that's generally what one is trying to accomplish with the AC as well.
The thing is that the federal court is a "real" court, while AC is just another sham barrier erected by SSA. Far more people are remanded at the federal court than at AC, I seem to recall just 2% of AC appeals experience any success.. Also, as the years rack up, date of last insured becomes the issue, as was the case with myself, then you have no other option, and don't you doubt it for a minute that AC knowing this, rubber stamps hundreds and hundreds of corrupt ALJ decisions as a consequence! The vast majority just cave in to them at that stage, the vast majority will not be getting a fair shot at AC, and every attorney knows this, it shows up in how they write the appeals, or in how they don't write them, they expend almost zero effort at this stage, they know the game....

Thats why we have the federal option, that court knows just how despicable most of these decisions really are, if you have a genuine disability, and you've been screwed royally by SSA, if you have a case, the federal court will almost always intervene, unfortunately it takes several years for them to weigh in on the matter!
Direwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote