View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klminsb View Post
Hello,
I'm new here and was hoping someone could help me with questions I need to cover with Dr Gelabert regarding surgery.
I have already had MRA/MRI/MRV with Collins. 2 years of PT and my TOS has gotten worse. Finally realized I cannot avoid surgery any longer but it really frightens me. After being hit head on in a car accident 10 years ago, I lost count of how many surgeries I have had (lost left leg 3 years ago and left kidney 8 years ago). Think it is somewhere around 15 total surgeries since car accident.
I figured someone here has to have a great list of questions prepared. I have been told that I will probably need to have rib removal and scalenectomy on both sides.
Anyone done both sides at the same time?
Pros and cons?
i have seen Dr. Gelabart and liked him alot. Best of the three in L.A. I decided not to opt for surgery at this point but if I were I would consider him. What did the MRA show? I am interested in doing it if my insurance covers it. I am sure others on this forum who have had surgery have a list of questions. Good luck and keep us posted.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote