View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
The thing is that the federal court is a "real" court, while AC is just another sham barrier erected by SSA. Far more people are remanded at the federal court than at AC, I seem to recall just 2% of AC appeals experience any success.. Also, as the years rack up, date of last insured becomes the issue, as was the case with myself, then you have no other option, and don't you doubt it for a minute that AC knowing this, rubber stamps hundreds and hundreds of corrupt ALJ decisions as a consequence! The vast majority just cave in to them at that stage, the vast majority will not be getting a fair shot at AC, and every attorney knows this, it shows up in how they write the appeals, or in how they don't write them, they expend almost zero effort at this stage, they know the game....

Thats why we have the federal option, that court knows just how despicable most of these decisions really are, if you have a genuine disability, and you've been screwed royally by SSA, if you have a case, the federal court will almost always intervene, unfortunately it takes several years for them to weigh in on the matter!
While the AC approves 2% of the case, the FC only approves 4%. Not such a huge difference IMO, and when you factor in only about 10% of those denied or dismissed by the AC proceed to FC, than you have to assume those ambitious enough to proceed (or find an attorney that will represent them) likely have the strongest cases.

Last year (approx.) 7400 people were remanded from FC to ALJ, and 600 were approved by the FC. Whereas (approx.) 36,500 people were remanded from the AC back to an ALJ, and 3300 were approved AC.

More people are being helped at the AC level and faster than at the FC level. Most applicants will start a new application, even if it must be an SSI application, before going to FC. So, while I would agree it is important that they submit a well prepared appeal, preferably by a highly qualified attorney, I don't see the point of focusing on FC when they are at the stage the OP is.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote