View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Love the kitty in the tree...and the comment .

I view Christmas as two things, as you do Sally. One, the celebration of a great birth and mankind's awakening to that which is the foundation of our true nature; and two, a year-end festival of giving and sharing of love and joy.

Typically on the days before Christmas, if I will be going to my Dad's & Stepmom's, or on Christmas Eve day, if I will be staying home, I prepare things for a nice dinner for the 25th...including a treat for Willy, and this year for Ziggy as well.
Then from around 6:00 PM until the wee hours of morning, I spend in meditation and prayer, where ever I am.

Christmas day is quiet if I am at home; and if the weather & the body are OK, Willy and I go for a walk in the snowy woods and leave seed bell treats hanging in the trees for the birds and squirrels. Sometimes, I'll just sit under a tree and meditate again while Willy goes off on a toot, or lays beside me.

Or, if I am at my Dad's & Stepmom's place, I celebrate Christmas with them. We usually have a nice dinner, and they will often invite people from their church who would otherwise be alone, to join us.

It is still up in the air if I will join them this year or not, but this is the time of year for hope, prayer and faith, isn't it?

With love, Erika

Last edited by Erika; 12-09-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-09-2013), barb02 (12-10-2013), ewizabeth (12-13-2013), Kitty (12-09-2013), Mariel (12-12-2013), SallyC (12-09-2013), tkrik (12-10-2013)