Thread: please help
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family doctor had an MRI done without contrast because he thinks I might have MS and this is what the report said:
PRELIMANARY REPORT
MRI OF THE BRAIN
Sagittal T1-T2 axial, FLAIR axial, fat suppression, T1 axial, diffusion axial, T2 coronal images performed. Plus 3mm cute through the area of the pituitary and sagittal axial and coronal images. No tonsillar herniation seen. Internal auditory canals within normal limits. No diffusion weighted abnormalities seen that would indicate an acute infarction with FLAIR weighting. No signal increase seen other than some minimal thickening in the right maxillary antrum. There is an area fat density in the area of the posterior pituitary. No evidence of microadenoma seen. Optic chiasm, pituitary stalk within normal limits. Pituitary floor not eroded.

IMPRESSION:
MINIMAL MUCOPERIOSTEALTHICKENING IN THE RIGHT MAXILLARY ANTRUM. SLIGHTLY PROMINENT PINEAL GLAND SHOWING NO SIGNAL ACTIVITY MEASURES NEAR 8MM. NO ACUTE INTRACRANIAL ABNORMALITY SEEN.

I was just wondering what this meant?
mecndpr6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-10-2013), Erika (12-09-2013), ewizabeth (12-10-2013), SallyC (12-09-2013), Snoopy (12-09-2013)