View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, I had no idea.

Alan just went to bed and thankfully, he seems fine.
I watched her do everything. She used sterile gloves. Everything she opened was sealed up and while I don't know about the leaky thing, she did indicate that it had to have come from the pharmacy's end.

Actually, Alan thinks she might have accidentally done it when she hung the bag over the iv pole. As I think about it, I took the bag out of the fridge one hour before she came and hung it on the iv pole. So it was not leaking.

When she took out the sterile tubing and attached it to the bag, she was doing stuff so fast I can't even begin to tell you. When she took the long tubing and inserted it into the Gamma bag, she said: "uh oh, there's a leak, let's see if we can stop it, do you have any tape?" I immediately got the some strong sterile tape that I use on Alan bandages (I never put this tape on his skin, it's too strong, but it's got a good adhesive to it, but, unfortunately, the tape didn't do what we hoped it would. That's when she got the idea of getting the bag of saline from her car.

I know for a fact that I took the Gamma Bag out of my fridge and hung it on the iv pole. There was nothing leaking, so there was no contamination.

Want to know what I think? I think she poked a tiny hole in the botton when she tried to screw in the tubing. I saw her pushing and screwing the tube in and she was having a hard time. I think she did it and didn't want us to know.

But when she transferred the gamma, she really did everything wearing gloves and opening up new tubing, etc.

And nothing touched the air, I watched her the whole time.

And, you will be happy over this......the girl we had yesterday, her name is Magalee, she will be our permanent visiting nurse. We arranged this yesterday.

So I think Alan is okay. Hopefully.

AND IF THE BAG WAS NOT LEAKING AFTER I HUNG IT ON THE POLE (BEFORE SHE ARRIVED), IT HAD TO BE SOMETHING SHE DID, RIGHT?

AND THERE'S NO OTHER BAG IN THE FRIDGE. Today was the second infusion. Next month we do it again.
Melody

P.S. When she saw that the bag was already mixed, she commented, "oh, it's mixed already, I have never done an ivig where I didn't have to mix it first", I replied, "yeah, everybody says that, but we have never had to mix anything, it comes already mixed".

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote