View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I can't help it?

I don't want to make light of the issue, but doesn't this all sound like the CORSETS of the late 1800's-early 1900's? Without the velcro, of course.
NOW GUYS! NO JOKES HERE! THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF! It's a middle-body equivalent of a knee imobiliser! Can anyone here really say they are comfy? Doubt it.
I mean, fabric, eyelet ties, the equivalent of 'stays', WHO CARES IF IT WORKS?

I think there are some class action suits about Fosamax and others 'hatching' -not enuf evidence in yet to create fear and discontent? [check out www.breastcancer.org to see if there are...those ladies are ON TOP OF IT ALL!]

I do recall my endo mentioning Forteo...and similar alternatives, but, I've got to wait & see if my stuffing my face w/MANY extra otc supplements mite do the job...tests to follow next week, week after results...maybe? Sigh!

I do know many cancer folks take such treatments/therapies, either during or because of chemo and rads....Seems that what can kill the goose, also does in the gander to many with many conditions/issues...compounded by other treatments or meds meant to do us GOOD but not knowing any of the peripheral 'other things' that make current things, more, well complicated?

This whole thing mite be useful or totally useless, but the Fosamax issue IS going on for those with other conditions....I'll check out what there is between epilepsy [meds], Fosamax and bone loss as well, I'm not unselfish here, I may be facing major molar removal in the future.. I for one, do NOT want my jaw disintegrating on top of other stuff? Maybe this is one of those...we'll know once we 'Get in there' moments.. I sure don't want to find out THEN?

Hugs Liza Jane, you've LOTS to cogitate on... - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote