View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member
Default I've finally truly come to terms + Questions and Thoughts

Hello Everybody,

I'm back. Unfortunately I didn't magically heal over the last couple of weeks like I'd hoped. This whole experience has been a crazy ride, but especially these last weeks. I've gone to see a multitude of therapists and I've been diagnosed with VERY mild PTSD. Not surprisingly they've said I have no residual damage from concussions citing my clean MRI. They also advised my parents to block this forum and told me that all you people were bat **** crazy hypochondriacs and to be honest I believed them.. for a little bit.

Despite the fact that I had thought I'd come to terms with my brain the truth is, that couldn't be the farthest from the truth. Today, the 9th, is really the day I've accepted the fact that I have brain damage.

I guess my symptoms have plateaued now that I've gotten the stress under control. As of now I'm experiencing: Eye problems- flashes, floaters, discolorations, sparks, and occasional partial view in my left eye, mental fog/greyness, mild short term memory difficulties, dyslexic tendencies, spelling difficulties, word retrieval, shivering and muscle spasms. So as you can tell this is not "all in my head" as the many doctors as of late have been telling me.

I live in Connecticut, and now that I feel as if I'm on the right path I'm desperately in need of advice on what form of treatment I should seek next. However, any and all treatments would have to revolve around school (high school). I just recently bought a trainer for my bike and until I pulled my calf, haha that exercise seemed to be helping a lot. I saw that amitriptyline is a common form of treatment, has anyone had any success with this, or would recommend it? Has oxygen therapy helped anyone, is it covered by any insurances?

One thing I've always wondered is, is any organization actively working around the clock to develop new effective treatments for concussions/ post-concussion? If so is there any one place, or website that publishes their progress?

I hope I didn't serve up to many questions and if someone answers even one I'm very appreciative. I know more than anyone how hard computer use can be so I apologize if this post is pretty long. I'm 16 and I'm still hopeful. I trust in my brains ability to heal and the benefits of this youth.

I wish you all the best and health this holiday season
-Will
cyclist569 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote