View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Marie,
Actually, your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I also had a skin biopsy and was dx'd with SFN. My symptoms work from my feet to my head. The only place spared was the left side of my face. It started in 2008 in my feet. Within the next few weeks it had moved everywhere. I also have tinnitus but it isn't too bad. Some medications can cause it. As you have, I had every test possible and the answer was idiopathic. Both of my doctors say it is Sjogrens.

My neurologist did believe that the IVIG would work for SFN but could not get the insurance to agree to it. My rheumo put it into insurance under Sjogren's Syndrome and they finally agreed to pay. He put Sjogrens, SFN and Fibromyalgia. Lucky me!!

Currently, I get 20mg of Solumedrol with it. They started that to increase the results from IVIG and after they tried to increase the dose and I got really sick.

Please don't ever be embarrassed to post anything here. We are all going through so much and need one another's support. I know how hard it is to help people to understand our illness because we look fine. I am on a medical leave from work and had to go in one day. One of my co-workers told me maybe I shouldn't come in looking so good because people will not believe me. I was not quick enough on my answer and just told her you can see pain.

At your next appt. speak with your doctor about IVIG. Do your research and be ready with your reasons you think it will work.

I hope this helps. hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote