View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody, I'm just starting to reply...

and you gimme Pictures?! KEEP THAT BAG...That's nurse error...re-training required?
Believe me, I can SEE that 'poke' for better way of putting it? Put that leftover bag in a double-bag set of zip-lock bags and tote it to Dr Fred or the neuro ASAP. [putting it in the fridge-just to keep other new junk from accumulating wouldn't hurt] YOUR docs have to SEE the bag. no ands ifs or buts.
I am glad Alan is fine so far, is he getting more tomorrow? Call if you can your doc[s] tomorrow AM and just ask IS THIS NORMAL? I am not gonna bet here, cause I know it isn't. Any headaches, rashes, nausea, or heart-racing feelings, even strange breathing feelings....you call rite away, Promise.
Yes. This as I've said before IS serious stuff. It may be that your next nurse is going to be different. YOU need to think not HOW NICE THE NURSE IS...YOU NEED TO THINK of HOW SAFELY THE NURSE IS ADMINISTERING IVIG to your precious ALAN! Professional-following safety precautions=SAFE, Nice is JUST a bonus! Trust me on this!
Having gotten a bad infusion [at a hospital no less] I 'think' I do know the difference...that bad infusion could have killed me-the hospital nurses got -re-trained as a result of my complaints - they kept telling me after that 'they'd admitted 2 this mo w/reactions, next time 3 this mo w/reactions-so I guess my grumps did some good [also a rebate on some tossed IVIG {I did cry seeing such precious stuff go into the bin?}. So I am still here to give you my advice of caution. Upon reflections, I don't think I can agree if I break out in sweats or get overall chills and goosebumps at the thought? None of us ever want to GO THERE IF WE CAN HELP IT!

When ya crawl inta bed, just sorta give ALAN a half-hug from me? That he's OK is the most important thing!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote