View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

As I have said before Thanksgiving is at our home but Christmas is for the married folks to go to inlaws homes. Then we gather for Christmas o a day that we all can be together here. There are 4 families that do live here though so we always get together, well just to be together. I think last year we had sandwiches!!! But Jan 4th is our big time together. Can not wait. My brothers who live out of town are short on money and can only stay one night in a hotel so the one in Georgia comes the night before and then leaves in the evening and has a loong drive home. The one in Kentucky comes in the morning and spends the night in a hotel. It is so different now that Mom is gone. I do't think they ever missed a Christmas no matter what when she was alive. Now if things don't work out, they don't come. We have a big dinner, then the men clean up. while they are doing that the married women go into a closed room and do stockings. We are 'the royal order of the stocking stuffers'. We have had to change the rules the last couple of years because our nephews have been living with a girl, not the same one, and both of them have 2 children by them. So the live in girlfriends are in our group. When we are done with the stockings, we all gather in my family room, all 25, and open presents. One of the younger ones put the Santa hats on and pass out stockings and then pass out the presents. My brothers never lived here but consider this home because Mom lived here.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-10-2013), Erika (12-10-2013), ewizabeth (12-13-2013), Kitty (12-10-2013), Mariel (12-12-2013), SallyC (12-10-2013), tkrik (12-10-2013)