View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper53bill View Post
I went to the doctors today for a follow up visit for some blood work and my a1c changed from a 5.0 to a 4.4 and my doctor is getting on to me. my doctor did not answer my questions so I will ask them on here. As you well know I have diabetic neuropathy for the last 6 years with the last 1-1/2 years having a 5.0 a1c. I have read a lot about keeping the blood sugar level under 100 at all times in attempt to stop the progression of the diabetic neuropathy getting worse but with no success. please let me know, thank you

Does low blood sugar below 70 cause neuropathy to get worse when not exceeding 100 at all times

can low blood sugar deprive(starv) oxygen not to get into the nerve cells causing the neuropathy to get worse

what should my blood sugar level goals be to where my neuropathy will not get worse if this low blood sugar is the problem
I am a bit confused. Are you a diabetic? With a 4.4 A1C? How often are you below 70? What diabetic meds are you taking? How long have you been diabetic? 6 years? What were your A1C levels prior to the last year and a half? I have never met a diabetic with your A1C levels. Is your control that tight? WOW !!! I am sorry if I am in the dark about your history. Maybe I should look up some older posts you have made and acquaint myself with you. Sorry if I am just confused since I do not know your past.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote