View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

All I know is that in my and some others' experiences, SSA is not an ethical organization. Yet they hold monetary power over the disabled who seek help from them. Such power, when not exercised fairly or ethically, can and does affect vulnerable disabled people in unimaginably devastating ways....just read the thousands of stories online, including this site. Having been denied repeatedly by SSA for the help I desperately need, I am living that life now.

Under those kinds of circumstances, I say fight for your monetary help in any way you can. It is not lying if you are truly disabled, which I believe the majority of us on here are. If you are already an honest, ethical, modest, humble person who was raised to always look your best, act your best, never bother or trouble anyone, or God forbid show others your problems, that is deeply ingrained in you and can be a hindrance when it comes to getting help from an agency such as SSA (at least, that is, in mental disability cases such as mine).

I say fight however you are able to, to get what you need. SSA will not do it for you. They are not going to see through some people's neat, clean, hey-I'm-just-fine, smiling appearance, because they do not want to. I wish I knew this before I began the process over two years ago.
Kittypaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-10-2013), justcurious43 (12-23-2013)