View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default People with pcs need real rest

In my case it means, in my room with short bouts on the computer, maybe 2 hours a day compared to a previous 8 or so. As time has gone on I've been able to do a little more reading, but mostly it's been a lot of meditation to get me into a relaxed state. And I'm not someone who was big on meditation. Sleeping. Lying quiet in the dark. Maybe 6 hours of television a week? some texting and a few phone calls a week. NO work. No listening to regular music.

So as I'm reading about the youth here with the PCS - it sounds like many are still going to school. This is a condition that effects our physical being, emotional being and cognitive being. All of them need rest. Serious Rest. The more you rest, the better you will be in the long run.

It's difficult cause each concussion manifests differently and because it is messing with your head, you aren't really sure what is going on.

REST, RELAXATION - No alcohol or caffeine. No work - no play.
: (

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudbro9999 View Post
Today my concussed (Oct of 2006 soccer ball to the face injury, diagnosed PCS) daughter stayed home from school. Said she felt like she has the flu. This afternoon she says her teeth feel sensitive and it hurts her sinuses to breathe. This after doing a "light" workout (OK'ed by her neurologist) this past Monday. Does this make ANY sense?
eleahy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote