View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New and Worsening Symptoms

Hey all,

I was curious is anyone else has experienced or is experiencing some of the symptoms I've developed recently.

Overall my muscle strength has diminished significantly. Where I was once able to walk for 15 mins without stuggling, I now find myself "shuffling" after only 5 or 6 minutes, unable to raise my legs to walk normally.
Stairs are a nightmare. Also, hot soup/drinks are causing my mouth to stop working again, which hasnt happened since I've started the Mestinon/Prednisone. These symptoms, however, I've dealt with before and do not really surprise me as I know this is just a result of the disease.

The newer symptoms are causing me some cornern, though.

Recently I've felt like I've been in a perpetual "brain fog" where I am unable to find words, or remember how to complete simple tasks (mostly at work) which is embarassing and annoying.

This has been coupled with exaggerated emotional responses. For example, the other day, I burst out in a crying fit over a tv show. And last Sunday I was laughing uncontrollably until I could barely breathe and was crying, while in my head thinking to myself the situation wasn't that funny.

Im headed to the neurologist tomorrow but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else had similar symptoms. I really just want to know if this is a result of MG or some sort of emotional issue I need to work through with a psychologist or something.

As always I hope everyone else is doing well this holiday season,

-Lin
Lin_Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote