View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciaj View Post
Hey everyone! I need help. I know that I haven't dealt with PCS as long as most people on here, which is only 4 months and a few weeks. But it is hard to think that this is ever going to get better. I am only 16 years old and I struggle everyday. I feel like I am not a normal kid and that my whole life revolves around my head and what I can and cannot handle. I feel like people don't understand because there is never any light shown on PCS. Most people think that you get a concussion and your better in a few weeks at the most. I know this, because I was one of those people. That is what is so hard for me. Knowing that I am in this by myself. The struggle is only felt by me. If anyone has any hope or advice, now would be a great time for me to hear it because I am not so sure how much more pain I can take.
I am also in the early stages of PCS as I am just passing my third month. I understand your frustration as I have had numerous concussions that I have been able to just shake off. Now however its different. I wake up nauseous every day, get dizzy, light headed, lose track of time, find it hard to concentrate, find my reaction has slowed, and my emotions have severly changed. I get extremely anxious, depressed, and anti social. Not being able to participate in sports has also taken its toll on me. I have found this site to help me as every time I have an anxiety attack about the future, I read these stories of people who have been experiencing PCS for years and are okay. Even if I never fully return to normal, I am coming to terms with the fact that I can make this make me a better person or a worse one. That is up to you. When I get on here and vent, it helps with the emotional toll, and for the physical I take everything day by day. I am trying to rest my best, recconect with my faith, and understand this is out of my hands, but I can help the healing process. Keeping a journal of my symptoms each day has really helped me as progress isnt daily but rather monthly. When you are feeling down, know that you are not alone! hope this helps, stay strong

Kacee