View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky601 View Post
I Too much people think they know about TOS and they just make my condition worse and taking my money.
Alexis
Hi Alexis,

I hear you about all the therapists out there claiming to know about TOS but making things worse. The number of chiros, PTs, medical massage therapists etc. I've seen over the years who, however well-intentioned, didn't know the fundamentals about TOS, made symptoms way worse, and all the wasted time and money - very frustrating.

If it's of any help, I spoke with Dr. S. at length a while back. He definitely seems to understand the mechanisms of TOS which was refreshing. But he was extremely aggressive about the necessity of my going to him, and him only for his intense power sessions where he would cure me in a short period of time. I too researched him and couldn't find any reviews of him having helped others. I'm no therapy expert, but I know my body better than anyone else, and I can tell you that intense sessions with anyone, however knowledgeable about the mechanics of TOS, isn't going to help me. It's going to take a long time, with gentle work, to peel back this onion, in my case. I've been offered surgery by Dr. Donahue at MGH, but still on the fence about it. For now, I'm going it alone, with a few self-help methods that I find effective.
elap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (12-11-2013)