View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Do I pudendal nerve issues

I think I have a pudendal nerve issue. I have been to many doctors and really without any luck. Here are some of my symptoms - always feel like something is "stuck" in my rectum ( I have a lump in the perinal area and it not attached to the inside of my rectum -my lump is not a tumor, cyst, or cancerous leison). I started having problems after 6 and 1/2 years into a 75 minute 1 way commute to my job and then sitting for 8-10 hours a day.
And then I would drive home for another 75 minutes. I have been told my lump is muscular in nature - and that's where it ended. The last doctor I saw was a neurologist and when all was said and done he told me to go to a colon-rectal doctor (after I told him there was no lump on the inside of my rectum) and said not to get botox injections because I may get fecal incontinece and he couldn't tell me what to do about the pain and tuned and walked away.

I know for reading different websites what tests I need to have to rule out bladder, viral infections, etc. and the need for an MRN (which my local hospital has). How do I go about telling my PCP that I need these tests to go to a gynecologist for treatment? Is there a PT person out there or anyone else that can help me? I live in the Phila., PA area and am welcome for any suggestions. Trying to keep my chin up !!!
pipercub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote