Thread: Toe trauma
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, alcohol would dilate the superficial capillaries and increase blood flow.

You know what you can try? Salonpas patches. The original type with methyl salicylate in them.

http://www.salonpas.us/product/salonpas-original/

I'd put a whole patch 1/2 over the edge of your foot where that toe is. Fold it so 1/2 is on the top of your foot and the other half goes over the side to the bottom. Place it so the top edge is as close to that pinky as possible. The anti-inflammatory actions will
seep into the area and give some relief perhaps. I use them on my feet all the time. I have broken sesamoid bones and arthritis.
(in addition to PN).

Another inexpensive remedy is Morton Epsom Lotion. This improves circulation to the periphery, so that the blood flow is more normal. Rub into the toe and top of the foot. Use only a small amount, as a little goes a long way. Inflammation closes off circulation, and by opening up the blood vessels, then the blood can do its job better. You may be having spells of constriction followed by dilation (which is the red part)

That red toe resembles what happens when you get cold shock, and then warm up, and the blood vessels dilate and turn things red. Ears for example exposed to cold turn red that way.

Morton's is at WalMart and Walgreen's locally. And online at Amazon.

http://www.mortonsalt.com/for-your-h...-epsom-lotion/

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
l1am (12-11-2013)