View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Want to know how easily influenced I can be. When I read all the posts, my mind began playing tricks and I imagined Alan getting all sorts of reactions to this infusion.

I tried to go to bed, it was 12 a.m. and Alan starts moaning. I bolted straight up and said "my god, what's wrong, are you alright?" and he said "no, my feet hurt". I thought about it and I said "oh, maybe the nerves are healing because I read that if they heal they have to hurt first".

As he is igetting an infusion, he feels just great, he even remarked to the nurse, "this thing must be working because my feet are not in pain". She said "you won't believe how much energy this will give you".

He didn't even take a nap and he had just taken a benedryl.

So now fast forward 7 hours later, and he's in bed, and when he moaned, and said his feet hurt, I just massaged him like I always do. He said "no, you have to sleep, and I said "I can't sleep if you are in pain". and he said "but I'm always in pain, that's nothing new". I really want to give him the b-12 because I have no more burning, or anything. AND THE NURSE WAS ABSOLUTELY FASCINATED ABOUT MY TAKING METHYL B-12.

But I don't really know what I should do. If his nerves repairing, then they have to hurt first, right?? they have to wake up??? I explained this to him.

I just didn't want any reactions to the antibodies so I kept checking him and massaging him. He was in heaven with the massage but he couldn't sleep. I just gave him a benedryl. He took the first one at 4 p.m. so it's 1:30 a.m. now so it just might make him sleepy enough to go to sleep.

I'll see how he is tomorrow. I will have to decide what to do with the bags int he fridge and the note I typed up.

I have never had to face anything like this. He's been in pain for 15 or so years (and it was really really bad 4 years ago), so when he got the IVIG, we thought "hey we have a shot here". But this shot will take longer and there might be further side effects.

Oh, and this is important. The bag of gamma said to infuse over 4 hours.

Now every time a nurse comes here, she reads the instructions and Alan always says: 4 hours, right?, that's what the bag says.......and EACH AND EVERY TIME, the nurse goes into the explanation that ...even though it says 4 hours, it goes 10 grams over one hour, so you are getting 30 grams so it can really take 3 hours" So I always pipe in "No, it says 4 hours, he should get 4 hours and the nurses always smile and say 'they are being extra careful, believe me, if you were going to get a reaction, it would have been in the first 15 minutes, that's why the first 5 are always given in the hospital so they can monitor you. They already know you tolerate it.

She was in my house almost 4 hours. Yesterday, the nurse Magalee did the full 4 hours.

What is with these nurses and 4 hours. Why do they want to do it in 3.

I mean, ALL OF THEM GAVE ME THE SAME STORY.

It's like a mantra with them.

so I'll update after tomorrow.

Pray all goes well.

Love Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote