Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i was referred to a neurologist by my GP whom i visited with my only problem being difficulty rubbing my fingers together to clean my contact lenses.
i find it hard to believe your GP didn't discuss pd with you based on your symptoms and also having you get a MRI, i assume they were checking for cancer, stroke, MS. And he/she didn't want you to see a neurologist? How old are you?

i'm not going to try to diagnose you. see the neurologist, sounds like your symptoms are interfering with work and life.
I'm 48. This is the trouble with seeing a doc long ago while going through depression. He feels that everything simple is ruled out, it must be depression again. Gets me upset with doctors. But of course it also puts doubt in my head on weather this could all be possibly depression related. Like I said, I had depression before, years ago. But there weren't tremors. Now, when I did go see my GP, the tremor was slight, and came and went. It comes and goes now, but is much more apparent. And now there is the pill roll thing that wasn't there when I went to see him. Anyway, where I left off was for me to followup with a psychiatrist. I hate to sound like difficult patient, but wouldn't I know if I needed a psychiatrist? Anyway, I made the Neuro apt, but have that nagging doubt in the back of my mind.
tonyh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote