View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Jolting, Extreme Head Sensitivity, Tics Help?

To give a background on my story. I have had three concussions in about three months. The first was several small concussions. I was playing football and didn't know that I was concussed. I didn't know that I was cuncussed, but I received the five small concussive hits(4 in the left frontal lobe) and one in the back left part of my brain. I healed up just fine and was playing football in about 2 weeks. I played football for two more weeks when I hit that same front left spot on my head again, not extremely hard, but obviously enough to cause another small concussion. I then developed tics, a twitching disorder, two days later. The concussion symptoms (headache, small light and sound sensitivity) seemed to disappear as I was twitching very badly. I saw a team of neurologists, and they didn't seem to think I developed the tics from a concussion. They think that I developed tics from stress and anxiety, which at the time were at a moderate to moderately low level. I then got medication for the tics and my twitching went away. My second concussion went away and I was doing fine until I was wrestling with my brother about two weeks later and bumped my head on the ground. I got a third concussion close to the first two concussions but more on the outside of the left part of my brain. I healed up in about a week, but noticed I went cross-eyed for a while. I didn't have any postconcussion symptoms after any of these minus a few headaches in the concussion spots, zoning out, and about a week and a half period of insomnia.

Then about a week or two after the third concussion I was in class, and someone bumped my head lightly with their elbow. It didn't hurt my head at all, but I was extremely dizzy and had concussion symptoms for the rest of the day.

About two weeks later, I bumped almost brushed my jaw with a guitar and thirty minutes later I noticed I was super dizzy and the rest of the weekend I had a headache and was dizzy.

Then a few days after that I got hit in the head with an extremely soft inflatable ball right in the front of the head and it has caused a whole mess of problems. The next two days when I tried showering my tic movements started acting up a ton. I became extremely light sensitive, got headaches, sound sensitive, lightheaded almost all the time, loss of focus, reduced cognitive function, and (common symptoms).

I tried taking one shower since then, about 6 weeks since the last two incidents, and my tics flared up for about two days, and I only let the water hit the back of my neck and parts of the back of head just barely.

I can't get bumped by people anywhere and especially my head. I accidentally ran up my stairs and had concussion symptoms for the rest of the night and a bit the next day. I also jumped up to get a bag of chips probably about a foot off the ground and it lasted probably about the same time frame for symptoms as running up the stairs. Some people will give me a pat on the back or something which causes some symptoms. I have to be very cautious in car rides as well. Anything that causes jolts through my head causes symptoms.

I now wear sunglasses all of the time at school, and most of the time at school. My sensitivity to light is getting better and at times I can go without wearing the glasses a while. My headaches are getting better and my brain functions very well compared to what it used to. I'm not very positive thinking though. I've lost a lot of things the past couple months, mostly playing football and track in high school and college. Sports have meant more to me than most things and losing them has been rough. That part was tough, but now my future of going to college next year is in jeopardy because I can't have these symptoms and go to college. I have suicidal thoughts when I have a set back and sometimes just when I have time to think about how good I used to have it and how hard life is and will be. I have a friend at school who also is struggling with PCS and its nice to talk about our problems, but sometimes I worry.

I've gone to many appointments in a traumatic brain injury department, seen a neurophsycologist, who is my main doctor, ocupational therapist for schoolwork and stress managment, and vestibular therapist to reduce by lightheadedness which has been reduced a lot. I've also been going to acupuncture which has helped a bit. I'm having an appointment with an anxiety therapist soon. The neuropsychologist believes that a lot of my symptoms are caused from stress and anxiety, particularly me being cautious about my head now.

I know there was a thread called Sensitive to Jolting? and recently Extreme Head Sensitivity. I can't copy and past the links because I'm a new member and haven't posted 10 times, but I know there are people with really sensitive heads and I was wondering if there was anything besides not bumping my head or getting jolts that helps.

I brought up the idea from the sensitive to jolting thread to my doc about the lymbic system of the brain being messed up in my situation and he thinks that is likely.
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote