Thread: Re-Visiting DM
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:33 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Know Thy Enemy

If we do start attracting attention, one group to keep an eye on is the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA). This bunch of right wingers have been so bent out of shape over the years by their inability to show serious harm from DXM that they long ago went over the edge into darkness. Some of the stuff that they claimed was laughable if it were not fueling their own propaganda. We can expect to run into them from time to time. But, enough of that for now.

I am not going to try to do a blow-by-blow approach but wil instead give "snapshot" reports. It is a start.
-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
Yes, it sure does work..I don't know if it would work for everyone, but it is still working for me..I took a little bit this morning, and I got dyskinetic for about two minutes, and I was on..I forgot to mention, that when my meds were going off for the evening, sweat was pouring off of me like rain..I have had a little bit of sweating, but nothing like it was before

I agree with you..If we don't think outside the box, nobody is going to do it for us...So there's two cheap things that I know that work...DMX and mucuna..It makes me laugh when big bad corporate pharma manufactures all these expensive pd drugs, that ain't worth the power to blow them to hell..Meanwhile, there are dirt cheap over the corner drugs, that work very good

What really is a riot, is that on the bottles of cough syrup it says "Do not take this drug if you have Parkinsons Disease"..Yeah...Don't take it..It might make you feel better..

I brought up DMX at a support group meeting , and I was cut off by the facilitator, and told that we aren't supposed take that stuff, if you have pd..I've about had it with support groups, the APDA, the PDF, PAN, and all the rest..After all these years of pumping millions of dollars into research, the only people who are benefiting from all of this, are the people who are employed by these organizations, the scientists who soak up the money with their research, and romance people with their smoke, but never produce any fire..And we get ****!!..And the best they could come up with is stuff like Azeilct, that they claim it is neuro protective..What a crock!!..They said the same thing about Mirapex, when it came out, and that was a big sham..A dirty marketing ploy is all it was

It is sad that something so harmless, as long as you aren't taking any MAOI medications, goes underneath the radar, or gets critisized by people who are taking pd meds, that are far worse for your body than DMX ever thought of being

Then there's mucuna...Mucuna is what is keeping me commercial fishing part-time..I mix a little more than one third of a teaspoon in some water, before I leave the house, and I'm good to go..And what I do is very hard work, but I can still do it for 3 - 4 hours per day, two or three times per week..And that's after 11 years of pd

So I ask you all.."What's in YOUR wallet?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote